Thursday, February 9, 2012

Typical Thursday

Today started a little rocky. I did some work, and got REALLY
frustrated with some of the people who think that my job is insignificant.

The girls have had some problems with completing homework assignments
because they forget to check their assignment books. This is especially
bad for Friday homework that isn't due until Monday.

They had a math test this morning ... which brought out even more
frustration in me. They did well; an 85 for G and and 80 for H. H and
math ... God help us both.

H is getting "lost" in the morning ... Lost might not be the right word,
but unfocused is what she is. I had her write out a list of what she
needs to accomplish and in what order. This list now includes writing
out math formulas everyday. We have found that she needs to write
things down to remember them and then needs to re-write them. She reads
too fast, so note taking and then rewriting them helps her remember. I
am hoping that rewriting math formulas (A=LxW, or A=1/2 BH) will help
with her math.

After accomplishing Math, work, and a Social Studies test for G, it was
finally time for lunch. I too, became a little unfocused and remembered
that I wanted to dye one of my shirts. I had bought a really cute light
pink, almost champagne colored shirt. I stuck the shirt in with the
whites, added some bleach, and wouldn't you know it ... the shirt came
out splotched. When I showed J, he actually remarked, "Oh, I really
liked that shirt on you". Damn ... the one time he actually notices
what I wear. So while at the art store, I saw the fabric dye. What
color do you choose? Blue, green, grey/silver, black, red ... you could
even combine colors ... the possibilities were endless. I settled on a
nice red.

I read the directions on the back ... use at least 6 liters of warm
water. Yeah, I don't have anything that will hold 6 L of water, so 3
liters of hot water from the trusty hot water maker plus 5 Tbs of salt,
and we were in business. I stuck the shirt in there, swirled it around
with a chopstick. It looked great. I told the girls to get a white
shirt if they wanted to get in on this too! They both came running with
shirts that had been stained or spilled on. Gabby was first, her shirt
is a dark pink shade. Hannah's is just pink, but the way it went in,
made it "tye dyed" a bit. There are bits of white places, but she likes
it ... so there we go. I will post a picture of us in our "new"
shirts as soon as we get them out of the wash and dried! Who knew it
would turn out so well. I am now wondering what else I should dye.
Should I get the white shirts, that are not so white anymore and have
some fun with them? Why not ... it's not like I find a ton of clothes
that fit me here, so I should just work with what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment