Thursday, February 23, 2012

The girls are still growing!

I measured the girls yesterday.

Hannah 5ft 5.25 in almost 12 (in two weeks)
Gabby 5ft 2.25 in. 11 yrs 10 mo

Hannah has always been tall for her age, and Gabby has always been on
the tall side of average. (Does that make sense? I does in my head)
Hannah has always been a solid 4 inches taller than Gab every time we
measure. It looks like things are starting to change ... Gabby is
catching up!

Jonathan has always said, "Watch out, Gabby is just like me. We are
'sneaky tall'". He was right ... she is sneaky tall. Gabby's nickname
when she was small was, Munchie ... short for munchkin, because she was
so small and tiny. She wore the same size shorts (gymboree 6mo and a
pair of target 12-18 mo) for over 3 years. Now ... she is actually
wearing appropriately aged clothing. Oh, where has all the time gone?

I wonder if my predictions will hold true. I have always thought Hannah
would end up right around 6ft and Gabby would be shorter at around
5'10". I'd say that I'd be able to share clothes with them, but come
on ... there is no way that I am EVER going to fit into their pants.
Hannah's legs fit into a size 16 kids pants (that are now getting short)
and her waist/hips are 29". Gabby is the same way. It does look like
I'll be able to justify more expensive shoe shopping soon, since we'll
all be in the same shoe size within a year or so. Poor Poor Jonathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment