Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Week

The next few months will be very busy. We have a few trips planned,
still need to do some school and pack up the apartment.

But, we did find time this week to do something pretty interesting. We
went to Dialogue in the dark. What an amazing experience. I wanted the
girls to explore what it might be like to lose one of their senses.
They did great job with their canes and relying on their other senses.
I don't want to give it away, so we'll just say that we explored many
different, real life scenarios.

I would highly recommend that if you get a chance to do it (and if you
live in Atlanta, you can) you should -- and bring the kids (only if they
are over 8).

I am doing US taxes now too. They are due to the company by February 27
... pleh. Why does it have to be so complicated? Hong Kong taxes are
basically a flat 15% - so much simpler.

Today - Saturday we ran the Will-to-Live 5K. The girls did a great job.
I am so proud of them. They finished, didn't complain, and enjoyed the
time with us.

I am really grateful to have this time with the girls. I know that back
in the US, I would be working (part time), the girls would be going to
school and then sport and hanging out with friends. These last two
years, even though I get frustrated often, is a blessing to me. I got
to hold on to my kids a little bit longer than most. My kids got to
experience a little longer "childhood". So, with, all the craziness
that happens in this place, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I am grateful for this time and I have NOT taken it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment