Friday, February 3, 2012

Are opinions wrong?

JC is part of an online triathlon group. You can post your workout,
ask questions and get together to do some work out together. He just
had another "incident" on it. Said incident has me questioning people
recently.

This person was telling JC that Hong Kong was "easy" to live in because
we have a bunch of stuff in English. Beijing, on the other had, was
very hard. I have had this incident happen to me where someone gave
their opinion and then said my opinion was wrong. Can an opinion be
wrong? Isn't an opinion based on what you have read and experienced?

Are people lacking in social skills? It think that there is a little
leeway for people that are under 25 because they may have some
idealistic views of things. But, how about when you're 40?

1 comment:

  1. The opinion giver's subjective view may be the result of incorrect interpretation so I think that it can be wrong, though I have no idea how someone can be wrong with an opinion based on their own personal experience.

    And in my opinion someone who insists on being right over being kind is...wrong.

    ReplyDelete