Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Damn Groupon

I ordered a groupon a couple of months ago for a dinner harbor cruise.  What a great idea to see the night lights of Hong Kong. 

These were some of the listed highlights:

  • Get to see the more than 10 amazing sights along the route: Tsim Sha Tsui, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and more
  • Perfect chance to enjoy the classic "A Symphony of Lights" show on the Harbour for a romantic holiday night
  • 12-Dish Buffet including unlimited ribs, Japanese pork and more
  • Extra $15 per person for tour guide
Dinner - dud.  Amazing sites - well I could have seen the same thing taking the Starr Ferry across the harbor and then walking to the Intercontinental.  Oh the tour guide - We saw that she was coming to each couple/family and showing them something and getting money.  Jonathan asked me what that was for.  I explained that we had paid everything up front and we wouldn't need to pay anything else.  Wrong ... we had to pay for a tour guide, that we didn't ask for and one that we didn't understand.  Such crap; I was not the only one who was annoyed by this.  I did keep my mouth shut on the boat.  On the bright side, they did let us off in Wan Chai, so we didn't have to pay to get back across and we did have Outback for dessert. 

I told Jonathan that if I ever want to buy another groupon, just shoot me.  (We did get a good deal on a CPA study course ... though you'll have to ask JC if THAT was worth the money).

Groupon ... I'm done with you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you said that because I was eying the trip to Sha Tau Kok this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other groupon I did was for a spa. They tried to sell me a big package after I was done. They tried to sell me 10 massages for $2000 OR 10 massages @ 2000 each ... either way, I said no. She didn't seem as happy to see me after that!

    ReplyDelete