Monday, February 27, 2012

Denied

Yes, the credit card was denied again. Not because we haven't paid
the bill, but because there are crappy people in the world that can't
keep their hands to themselves. We didn't get anything stolen - so that
is good. But instead, it has been more of a nuisance - the credit card
denial.

We try to book hotel rooms ... denied. We try to book airfare ...
denied. We try to buy movie tickets online ... denied.

My final straw was today when Jonathan tried to book the camper we are
taking in NZ. That's right ... denied. I called all the companies that
we have currently have accounts with and tried to nail down why the
cards were be declined.

I was surprised when the first company's call center was in the
Philippines. They girl I spoke with had spoke almost perfect English
with little, to no accent. I would have never guessed she was there.
And because I can talk to any one, about anything, anywhere (this is a
gift that I get from my Dad's side of the family) we talked about our
upcoming trip to the Philippines. The second thing that surprised me
was that they only have a 60 day travel advisory for an account. This
means that the one that I put on ... almost 2 years ago, is long over
due. This was probably the main reason it was getting declined. Cathy
(the rep) told me to call be in late April, so I can do this all again.

The second company didn't have a 60 day policy, they just didn't know
that we were in Asia. I call BS on this, but whatever, she was nice
too. She updated all the information, and even put an end date on it.

I am thankful that the companies are doing due diligence in trying to
prevent credit card fraud, but it really is a pain sometimes. I guess
what it really comes to is, why do people feel like they need to steal
from people who are just trying to do the right thing ... earn a living
and pay their own way in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment