Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random stuff in my head

Books:

I have started to read the book, "The Art of Coming Home" by Craig Storti. The company sent that book, along with "Third culture kids" to read before we come home.  I have gotten through the introduction and chapter 1.  I have to say ... it is a bit depressing. 

According to this book, I will start to hit a low point within a month of arriving home.  WTF!  I don't have time for that!  It also states that every member of the family will come out of their funk at different times, and it can last as short as a week and as long as a couple of months!  Again, WTF! 

I will probably pick the book up again, and I hope this gets better, because really, who wants to hear depressing stuff about coming back to the US when your whole family is excited about it?

The Gap and Shanghai Tang:

Yesterday, the girls and I were going to the "Gap" in central.  I saw that they had some really cute "Gap Hong Kong" shirts.  As we were walking, a guy gave me a leaflet, "Shanghai Tang loft sale".  What?  A sale at Shanghai Tang?  We back track to Pedder building and up to the 6th floor we go.  We got up there and I was like Gabby with too many choices ... my head was going. 

We started to look around, picked up some polo, they were cute.  Looked at some dresses and knew that is what I wanted.  (I told Jonathan when we first got here, that before we went back, I would be getting something from here.  And now, I get to get it on SALE!) As I looked at all the dresses, I wondered where I could wear them.  As beautiful as this is:
or

It is really not something that I will wear often.  I found this ...
I could wear this  to work or going out with Jonathan or friends.  I love it! 


And then I found this:

I love this! The zipper is at an angle and allows you to either zip all the way up or just part way and show some of the beautiful lining on the inside.  Funny enough, my top seems to be built like an Asian - skinny on top and longer arms, so this large fits great.  It seems that I am built more "American" on the bottom - and we'll just leave it at that.

If I had to pay full retail price for these items, I wouldn't have gotten either.  They are both beautiful pieces that I will have for a very long time, but, at heart, I'm still cheap.

After doing some damage to the checking account at this store, the girls and I were hungry so we stopped by swift in Prince's building and got a pretty tasty red velvet cupcake.  We were waiting for Jonathan, while he finished up a meeting.  We then stopped by Canteen and got a quick dinner (because I am an adult, I chose to have dessert first).  Then it was off to the Apple store. 

Oh the Apple Store:

Jonathan's turning 40 at the end of the month and we just didn't know what to get him.  But since Hannah helped his computer take a tumble (see previous post), he thought that he might just want a Macbook Air.  I thought that I would surprise him yesterday and just go an pick one up, but I thought that the technology department of Collins Inc. should be  with me while I shopped for this item.   So, while Gabby and I went and did a little shopping for Hannah's birthday, he bought it.  I was gone for 10 minutes .. 10 minutes ... he basically walked 3 steps from where I left him, handed someone his credit card and as I walked down the stairs, this man stuck a brand new computer in the bag ... and said good-bye and thanks to him.

"What just happened?" I asked.  Jonathan's response, "They make it too easy".  Yeah ... they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment