Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My weeks

Things are NOT dull in Georgia.

We have had days of 100+ degrees this week. Days that are "just" 90* feel pretty cool

The buyers have had some inspections done with the house … at this point, I'm just done - cooked - baked - whatever. Just done.

As for the new house … the inspection was AWESOME. He found some insulation issues (it needs a bit more in a couple of places) and the back door hinge is loose. This was pretty awesome to hear! J and I are both very excited!

Jonathan comes home today for a week. Yeah! He will be hanging out, doing some work, and supervising the packing process.

The girls went to camp. They were so excited on the ride up to camp. Reality set in for Gabby when she realized that she was alone. For as confident as she is, she is pretty sensitive - which still shocks me sometimes. This was the conversation with G as I was leaving:

Me: I love you
G: Yeah
Me: Are you mad at me?
G: Yeah
Me: Why? I thought that we agreed to this, you in a cabin, H in a cabin
G: You agreed

Oh my gosh … knife through the heart. My thinking was that they wouldn't want to be with each other because they had been with each other for the last two years. I guess I was wrong.

So the last thing that G said to me was, "I love you, you need to send me a care package". Yesterday, I sent the package with stuff that she (and Hannah) like: playing cards, skittles, goldfish, gum, lip smackers lip gloss, and a special additive for G - beef jerky. (she is very unique).

1 comment:

  1. As a former camp counselor I thank you for not being one of THOSE moms who asks her kids if they will miss her until the kids start crying and becoming homesick. Oh how much I wanted to dump those parents into the lake.

    I hope the girls have fun at camp. I loved it even though I no longer use the skills that I learned. No one seems to be in need of any yarn crafts or punctured aluminum can cooking vessels.

    ReplyDelete