Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Do you know the other Asians?

I went to see some friends play tennis the other night.  While I was sitting there a women sits about 10 feet away.  This was our conversation:

Lady:  Hi
Me:  Hi, How are you?
Lady:  Good, Hey, there are two Asian's in the next court, do you know them?
Me:  Umm ... no.
Lady:  Really?
Me:  Yes, I've only lived here a week, I don't know any very many people.  
Lady:  Oh, you look like someone I know.
Me:  I guess you have a really pretty friend.

She laughed, I laughed.  But really ... come on lady, ALL ASIANS DO NOT LOOK ALIKE!  

In other news, I finally went shopping for furniture today.  Now that the house is really ours, I felt like I could shop.  I bought this table and chairs.  It is a "espresso" color, which should look really nice in the house.  It opens to 60" by 60", so this should be plenty of room when we have people over.

Then we went and bought a leather couch, chair and chair and a half for the family room.  The girls each got new beds and a new chest/dresser thing.

This is the living room set:
I also bought three more pillows that match the middle chair to tie in the other pieces (I will be not be using the ones that the chair and couch come with)

This is what the girls got for their rooms:
We got one set in black and one set in white.

No comments:

Post a Comment