Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last week

It has been an interesting week.

The girls and I packed up the car a week ago, so that on Thursday morning, we could set out to go "home". The trip was a pretty non eventful 13 hours. I didn't leave anyone at a rest area ... so let's put this trip in the "win" column.

The girls and I got up on Friday morning, and started to drive around. Not really sure where to go ... but we found the Krispy Kreme doughnut place, a Starbucks and the bank. Those are all good starting points, right?

On Monday, we were trying to get to the grocery store, and ended up gong to the airport that is about 10 miles from the house. Oops ... but what can you do, sometimes you just need to roll with getting lost.

I did manage to get Hannah registered for school, get cable/phone and internet and electricity for the house. This is a good starting point. I forgot how much stuff you have to do when you move. It's not like moving to Hong Kong ... it seems like so much more. Is that because we just have more crap in the US?

Its funny to say, but there are many times that I have found myself missing Hong Kong. I can't seem to put my finger on it, but I think that I am not entering the stage where the US isn't as sparkly as it was 6 weeks ago.

J asked me a question the other day, " Do you think that people do stupid things on purpose?". It made me think that "stupid" is a very dark shade of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment