Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday 6-11

I have had a few encounters this week that makes me wonder about people.

The first one happened on my lawn. I had a neighbor ask me why I didn't use her to sell our house. I have few reasons: 1. The relo company said that it really wasn't wise in a relocation to use a person within your neighborhood because they may not be completely loyal to you. 2. I didn't know that she was certified to do all the stuff that the relo company needs 3. She really isn't our "style" of realtor. Her questions were really was a straight forward attack - that I really didn't much appreciate. When I told her that someone else from her office got picked (from the relo company) she really gave me crap and wanted me to change to her. As we kept talking, not only did she want the listing, but if I didn't go with her, she was then trying to get some commissions taken away too.

After the encounter, I forgot about and didn't even mention it to J. But then, J got a call on his way to AR and was asked if we wanted to switch from A to B. The answer was no … we really liked A. After J told me about the phone call, and I told him the story behind it, he called the office back and told them that it was completely unprofessional. He also told them that if we couldn't go with A, we would be dropping the whole company. The company called and apologized after hearing the story.

The second one happened today. After arriving at the house to meet with some people, one of the service guys asked me if I was suppose to show the house today. I said, "No, just meet with the movers.". He proceeds to tell me that a "friend" had come over with her friend and she showed her the house. What the cuss!!!

He told her that the house wasn't ready to be shown yet. She said that it was alright and then proceeded to show the house and take pictures. REALLY? WHAT THE F? No call to me, no email to me, no text to me. That was pretty ballsy. I sent an email to her and will probably call her tomorrow to tell her how disappointed I am in that situation.

What the hell is wrong with people? Respect my right to choose a realtor - or at least respect the process that I need to go through based on what my family needs. Respect my right to have my house. It is not on the market yet … wait your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment