Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lessons of the week

This week has been a week of lessons for us.

Lesson One - Offers
First it started with the house.  I'm not sure that we should have accepted our first offer.  The buyers may have become more of a problem than a solution.  This week, they called the contractor working on the house and asked if he was going to be there so they could just, "stop by".   I needed to do some stuff at the house and was there when they arrived.  One car, two cars, then one of their cars, then another car and finally their second car.  If you are playing along, that is 5 yes 5 carloads of people that they brought to "look" at the house.  I actually told the buyer that they weren't allowed to be there without their realtor.  
She said, "OK, can I call my realtor now?".  
Me - "I prefer not, since I am working on the house".  
She - "What time do you think you'll be done, 5?"
Me - "I'm not really sure"
She - "Tomorrow?"
Me - "Not really sure".  But if you do come, you really need your realtor."

The balls people have.  I called my realtor, who called hers, and explained the correct etiquette for viewing homes.

The house we are selling:

Lesson 2 -  Middle school girls
One of the girls friends posted something to the effect of, "I hate people to hate cheerleaders.  I also can't believe she wears clothes from Justice and calls herself a middle schooler.  I can't believe that I have to breathe the same air as her". 

This prompted a day's worth of conversations with the girls about how we treat people and not really knowing other people's circumstances.  Which led to me saying this to them: "If I ever hear that you make fun of someone else's clothing, you will never have anything brand name again".  

Lesson 3 - Middle school girls part 2
#2 took it upon herself to try to defend another girl from the person who said the quote in "lesson 2".    This backfired greatly - leading to #2 calling the girl a liar and straining the relationship between my #1 and the "friend".    When I told #2 to apologize, which she did - and did very well, it was followed up by the girl texting back, "NOT ACCEPTED".  

I texted the girl back and apologized for #2 getting involved in her business.  I think that when she found out I was involved, she did not say another word and told #1 that she forgave her sister.

Lesson 4 - Badgering your husband

If it is something that you think needs to be fixed, start fixing it.  You don't have to finish it … because the husband will know you are serious and finally finish it!  Advise I will follow again in the future

Lesson 5 - Moving
Moving sucks when your husband is in another state and in meetings all day.  Even harder when you have to make appointments on his behalf.


No comments:

Post a Comment