Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rugby and LAX

What a day!

Yesterday was a day of last's for us. The girls were having the last tournament with their team and I was having my last game with my team.

The girls did a fantastic job yesterday. Gabby was on fire with her tackling and running. Hannah was also holding her own when it came to tackeling and making sure the team kept the ball. The girls won the cup and finished number 1 again. I am so very proud of the girls and their team. They have come a long way since August; a long way from the days of, "I don't want to go back to rugby!".

The team that they play with is such a special group of girls. They have shared interests and really find it fun to be together. I love sitting there watching them all together!

As for my LAX girls … I couldn't ask for a more accepting, patient group of people. We started out in one big group, and eventually moved to teams to have league play. These people taught me to play a sport I never thought I would be able to play. They were patient and helped me develop my skills. Yesterday, I played my final match with them. I couldn't have asked for a better final game. The two teams that played were the friends that I had made along the way. It was a tough match … but in the end the score was United Mavericks 8, Quinella 5.

So, yesterday, the Collins Girls had a double win. It was a great day to have a lot of "lasts". So much of this past month has been bitter sweet for us. We are looking forward to moving back to the US, but I sometimes feel that I could stay another year. I have made some really great friends, as have the girls, and we really don't want to say good-bye to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment