Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stuck on stupid

Many people call it by different things, but this saying works well for our family.

Sometimes Gabby get's stuck when she's frustrated, Hannah goes there when she isn't using her brain. Jonathan doesn't get stuck often, but when he does it's big. Me ... well, I have been there more times than I care to admit.

Recently, I have being dealing with some things that I just don't want to deal with any more. I have decided to simplify and stop dealing with stupid. I feel bad ... wait no I don't . I don't feel bad that I want to concentrate on the good. I want to be positive. I feel that the "stupid" doesn't allow me to because it carries too much baggage.

Laurel's husband says that it's like this ... your a moth and stupid is the light ... it burns you every time. It's time I find a new light source.

2 comments:

  1. Marlboro Man has some pretty good insights from watching me being "stuck on stupid" for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this post now Jamie. So ironic, I see all that you are doing in Hong Kong and certainly do not envision being stuck. Just know that you inspire many people with your determination and openness! Especially me!

    ReplyDelete