Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all my favorite Mom's. It has been a great one around here. The girls both gave me some gifts they had made at school --- I love them! Jonathan got me a new camera. (I just got one a few months ago, but I really hated it. The damn thing never seemed to be in focus!)

So the questions of the week are:
1. Are you ready to go? and
2. Are you excited?

The answer to the first one is simple ... yes. The answer to the second one is a yes too, but with some strings. We still have so much to do and it feels like time is just slipping away. So excited falls into being overwhelmed VERY quickly.

Saturday afternoon, my friend's daughter, Sophie had her first communion party. We couldn't attend because of a different party that we had said we would go to, but stopped by to give Sophie her gift. She put on her earrings, which were some really cute dangling hearts and gave me a huge hug. As I was telling her that I love her (she is my blond child that I won't ever have!) and that I would miss her ... it truely hit me. I was going away and really wasn't ready for it. I am not good at goodbye's. I felt my eyes filling with tears as I was whispering this in her ear ... luckily I blinked them away and no one noticed because I was also wearing my sunglasses. It is really much to early to be saying goodbye and crying about it!!!!

The other party on Saturday night was the complete opposite; at least for me. Jonathan's swimming friends were giving us a "send off party" at Cinco's. Boy ... I'm not sure what to say. He has met some of the coolest people thru this sport. I am so thankful that we have gotten an opportunity to share many parts of our lives with them.

We had some life experiences last week that wills stay with us for a while. They have opened our eyes to the upcoming changes that will happen with our family. But, these are the things that make us appreciate the time that we have NOW with family and friends even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment