Friday, October 19, 2012

A reminder of a blessing

I had an interesting conversation with a friend of H's. She asked if I stayed at home full time. When I replied, "Yes", she said, "That's cool. I wish my mom stayed home.".

I thought that was interesting. They live on the golf course, have a much bigger home than us and probably make more than us. But in reality, all the kids want, is that the parents are home.

We made the decision long before kids that I would stay home. Jonathan and I didn't have that (not because our parents were super career oriented, but actually needed to have two incomes). We don't have new fancy cars, the biggest house in the neighborhood or buy our kids $80 jeans. But, the thing I can give them ... a stay at home mom that is there when they need me ... might be the gift they remember most in their life.

I am blessed that I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment