Sunday, February 13, 2011

In keeping with my weekly updates, here was last week.

Last week was pretty low key, which is what we needed after Chinese New Year week.

Hannah had swimming and Gabby had climbing.

We were going to go to the Peak with some friends, but since it seems the rain had decided to come to Hong Kong, we went to lunch and went swimming.




Cloud is the one holding the sword
Posted by Picasa


On Saturday the family signed up to do a remote 5K. We did this for a family back in Johns Creek who's son committed suicide this past October. When this happened, we were heading out to go to Beijing and Xi'an. I was stunned; I was shocked; I was so sad. The family has done so much with their grief and I am sure that they have and will save countless lives. Here are pictures from our 5K in Hong Kong. (http://www.will-to-live.org/)




Posted by Picasa


The girls went to their first Rugby practice on Sunday. This was pretty interesting since it was cold and raining (cold like 55*F). They seemed to like it enough that we are going to try it again next week. They are just at the end of the season, but this should be a good start to see if we want to continue it in the spring.




Posted by Picasa


Jonathan had his final mountain marathon on Sunday too. Again, cold and rain don't make for a fun rugby day OR trail running day. I got a call about 4.5 hours into the race. This is how the conversation went:
"Hey, are you done?"
"First, I'm fine." Oh great. "I twisted my ankle pretty bad and I'm in a cab back home. I tried to run on it, but really couldn't. I started to walk back, and when I did it started to feel a bit better. So I decided that it was ok to run on it some more. But after a bit, I twisted it again and decided I was done."
"How far is a 'Little Bit?' "
"About 2 miles. Then I had to walk to find a taxi. That's where I am now. I'm going home."

Great .. just great. So now gimpy has a pretty swollen ankle. The right thing to do was R.I.C.E. Not Jonathan....

We did go out for an early Valentines dinner. Dim Sum from just down the street.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment