Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break - Packing


OH MY! I can't believe how fast this week has gone! I worked for a bit on Tuesday and Thursday. The girls spent the night at my parents on Monday and Tuesday night. We started to set up their computers so that they can have internet (are you really shocked that they don't have internet at their house? Not me!:) ) and skype. Wednesday we started to clean the basement and bring a bunch of stuff to the garage to give to Goodwill. Here is a picture of the garage after we have taken two carloads of stuff to be donated. We also cleaned out our clothes. What a crazy sight! The rule was if you haven't worn it in 6 months or a year .. it was gone. It worked great. I have a total of 15 things hanging in my closet that I want to bring. I have some stuff in drawers that will need to go with us, and I'm sure that I will pack some more stuff away.

It is really crazy how much stuff you "need" and how much of it is just "fluff". Like my friend Meg says, as we get older we tend to minimize our stuff. The thought of living in an 800 sq ft apt really makes you think about what you need and what you want.

Today we are taking apart a daybed and bringing that to Mom and Dad's along with another computer (that used to be Gabby's) to a co-worker of Mom's. I am sure that we are taking another few trips to Goodwill today too. I can't believe how much crap there really is!








1 comment:

  1. This is so my dream, getting rid of it all and really seeing what you can live with, what you need. I am so excited for you guys. I love checking the blog. So glad you have it and I can get caught up. You are a brave woman Jamie! Nothin' new there! :)

    ReplyDelete